Men and boys must play a role in ending human trafficking. This video highlights Dawn Marie's powerful presentations to men's groups.
LWHS Young Men of Distinction
by dawn marie
LWHS Principal Dr. Epps &
Young Men of Distinction Leader Weidmayer Pierre
Dawn Marie's presentation for men and boys will address the following topics:
- Challenge the glamorization of pimps in our culture.
- Confront the belief that prostitution is a “victimless crime”.
- The education of what really happens at strip clubs, in the world of escort services, massage parlors and other human trafficking venues
- The role of pornography in human trafficking. Boys are getting their sex education from internet porn which promotes human consumption vs. human connection. How porn is really made. Simply put, there is no way to know if the person being viewed in pornographic images or videos is being trafficked.
- Internet posts which include:
Depictions or video of young girls or women under the influence
Young women being harmed, assulated or exploited
- General negative attitudes towards women and girls on social media
- Sex tourism. Men have a responsibility to confront other men who go overseas and participate in sex tourism.
- Talk to men and boys about men’s issues in male spaces and create "circles of accountability'.
- Raise sons and mentor boys to challenge the oppression and objectification of women and girls.
No boy is destined to be a human trafficker. Raising young men in "circles of accountability" to be respectful and protective of all women and children is one of the most important things men can do to stop human trafficking. Inspire men and boys to become allies in the fight to end human trafficking.